but first, CHAMPAGNE

Sometimes I feel spoiled in London.
This is one of those times.


Last week, Heather and I joined our new favorite girls from PRandEverythingInbetween
for a Champagne Masterclass at Notes London.

This was pretty amazing because
1. I love my champagne
and 2. I don't know anything about champagne besides the fact I can drink it like water

We arrived a bit early and were able to check out the upstairs coffee/wine bar,
where we started off with a bottle of champagne for ourselves
as well as a few bites off the menu.



 The Masterclass takes place below the restaurant area, where they store all of their drinks.
And while I wanted to stash every delicious bottle along the wall in my purse,
LUCKILY, the first bottle of champgane didn't already go to my head
and I was able to maintain my composure and wait for the stuff we'd be served.


 

The Masterclass featured four of Devaux's Champagnes,
Devaux Grand Reserve NV
Devaux 'D De Devaux' Le Rose NV
Devaux 'D De Devaux' La Cuvee NV
Devaux 'D De Devaux' Vintage 2005
(All delicious and very reasonably priced I will add)

We learned how champagne is made, why it tastes the way it does, and the differences between good champagne and
... well okay, it's all good champagne.
We'll just say 'between good champagne and better champagne.'



 We had a glass of each champagne and I was completely surprised that I was able to taste some differences between them.
I know - not all champagne just tastes like champagne?? Who woulda thought?

Turns out, the longer a champagne is left to age, the less bubbles there are,
and with these you will get much more of a smoother, rich taste.
Which is why if you're opting for the cheapest bottle on the shelf this New Years Eve,
your bubbly will be extra bubbly.

All in all, it was another fantastic night filled with fantastic drinks.
And what's even better -
 Notes London holds these Masterclasses for FREE! Yep, you heard it right!
Keep up to date with their facebook page to find announcements on when the next events will be.

 



 

Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.