Expats Takeover: Southwest English Towns You Should Visit


Hello readers! I am right in the mix of that little move to London - you know, the whole 'expat blogger' thing? Well, I've decided to finally give truth to the title, and am on my way over.
While I am currently figuring out life across the world, I've got a few of my favorite bloggers stepping in for me to keep this page up and running - enjoy! - Caity

****


Hello lovely readers! I’m Sara from Bristol In My Pocket!
Born and raised a Texas girl, I moved to England a year ago to pursue a masters degree as well as make this wonderful country my home.
Sound familiar, right?
As a fellow American expat living in England, I thought I’d share with you a few of my favorite cities in the Southwest. No, not the American Southwest. The Southwest of England, aka my adopted home.
 England has so much to offer, and one of my favorite hobbies is to explore my own backyard.  


  I’m pretty biased when it comes to Bristol. Bristol is home now, and without a doubt I could not be happier. 
I moved here having never visited, which was kind of crazy but oh so worth it. Bristol has the small town feel with all the conveniences of a big city. 
I’ll leave you with my favorite quote, one that describes Bristol perfectly. 
“I love Bristol because it knows who it is. It's cool and cosmopolitan and it doesn't compete with other cities. Bristol is happy dancing to the beat of its own drum."- Stephen Merchant



  Stepping off the train in Bath is like stepping through a time machine.
Instantly you feel as if you are in a Jane Austen novel. Bath is England’s most romantic city.
It happens to be the home to some of England’s oldest history as well. Visit the Roman Baths, then Bath Cathedral just a few steps away.




The smallest city in all of England, Wells is the setting for the hilarious movie “Hot Fuzz”.
Although small, Wells is home to my favorite cathedral in England as well as a beautiful medieval palace.


Home to one of the four surviving copies of the Magna Carta, Salisbury is located 20 minutes south of Stonehenge.
It’s local markets and impressive cathedral are must sees on a visit to this medieval city.


Just 8 miles southeast of Bath, this tiny town is commonly nicknamed “Little Bath”.
While the architecture is similar, the atmosphere of Bradford-on-Avon is completely different.
Off the beaten track, this town is perfect for capturing true English village life.


Find Sara here --> Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin'


Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.