Expats Takeover: My English Bucket List

Hello readers! I am right in the mix of that little move to London - you know, the whole 'expat blogger' thing? Well, I've decided to finally give truth to the title, and am on my way over.
While I am currently figuring out life across the world, I've got a few of my favorite bloggers stepping in for me to keep this page up and running - enjoy! - Caity

****

Hello readers of Where The Heart Is! As you know Caity is very busy with some incredible life changes right now (mainly moving across the Atlantic), so she asked me to write a guest post for her. I was delighted to! My name's Amanda and I blog over at Rhyme & Ribbons. I'm originally from the US but I've been living in London on and off for almost 4 years.

In honor of Caity's big move I've put together an "English Bucket List". I've tried to skip over the biggies; like Buckingham Palace, Big Ben and the London Eye just to give you an idea of what else is out there. In fact, I've tried to make this list as non-London-centric as possible because London gets more press than anywhere else in England really. Some of these I've accomplished and some I've yet to do!

(A view on a blustery day visiting friends  in the countryside.) 

My English Bucket List

1. See a show in the West End.

2. Climb Scafell Pike in the Lake District.


3. Go on a pub crawl.

4. Stay at a traditional English B&B.

5. Go to the Farne Islands off of the Northumberland coast and play with the baby seals.

6. See Durham Castle.

7. Visit Whitby Abbey.

8. See where Shakespeare lived (Stratford-upon-Avon) and catch a show at the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) while you are there. (I lived in Stratford for a little while so I can make many suggestions specific to the town for you.)

9. Attend a service at Westminster Abbey, London (it's free).

10. Eat afternoon tea.

11. Visit Oxford and the Bridge of Sighs.

12. See a Premier League football game.

13. Take a stroll along Brighton Pier.

14. Take a tour of Windsor Castle.

15. Go to Beachy Head.

16. Enjoy a soak at the Thermae Bath Spa.

17. Take a walk in the bluebell woods (early spring only!)

18. Tour the Tower of London.

19. Have tea at Cornwall's Tregothnan Tea Estate.

20. See Hadrian's Wall.

21. Take a ghost tour of York. (England's most haunted town.)

22. Listen to Evensong at King's College, Cambridge. 

23. Go surfing in Cornwall. 


I look forward to meeting Caity in person soon!



Find Amanda here --> Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Bloglovin'



Instagram

Where The Heart Is - An American in the UK. Theme by STS.